Cauliflower-Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
Many of you might think: "Ugh, does that not taste like a soup?" and honestly, before trying it, that was kind of my thought on the combination.
So why did I throw cauliflower and zucchini in the smoothie bowl? Mainly, because I want to reduce our fruit sugar intake and increase our veggie consumption. And because I like to try out new stuff.
Surprisingly, if not knowing that there's cauliflower in it, I would never guess it. I will definitely prepare this one again. For those who like it a little sweeter, throw in 1-2 dates / figs for a nice sweetness.
(Serving Size: 2)
- 1/2 of a smaller cauliflower head
- 150 g frozen blueberries
- 1 Zucchini (small / medium size, this time I used a yellow one)
- 250 ml milk (I used oat milk)
- 4 table spoons yogurt (I used vegan coconut yogurt)
- 40 g Cashews
- 4 table spoons oats
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- seeds, nuts, berries, fresh fruit for the topping
Combine all the ingredients, except the toppings in your blender and blend till reaching a creamy consistency. In my smoothie bowl the blueberries were still a little chunky. Serve right away with the toppings of your choice or freeze till you want to enjoy it.
This content was sponsored by Farmy.ch